Transistor 2N2222A 2N2222 2N 2222 NPN 50V 0.8A 0.5W 250MHZ Power General Purpose Transistor BJT Switching Transistor TO-92 Package 3 Pin
2N2222 is also one of the widely used transistor in commercial appliances, educational and hobby projects. The transistor contains some of the best feature in its little package. For example the collector current of the transistor is 600mA that is quite good to use it as a switch to drive many loads at a time in an electronic circuit. The max collector dissipation of the transistor is 625mW which makes this transistor ideal to use it in audio amplifier stages and as an output amplifier to drive small audio speaker. The max collector emitter voltage of the transistor is 40V, therefore the user can use it in any circuit operating under 40V DC.
2N2222A is a NPN transistor hence the collector and emitter will be left open (Reverse biased) when the base pin is held at ground and will be closed (Forward biased) when a signal is provided to base pin. 2N2222A has a gain value of 110 to 800, this value determines the amplification capacity of the transistor. The maximum amount of current that could flow through the Collector pin is 800mA, hence we cannot connect loads that consume more than 800mA using this transistor. To bias a transistor we have to supply current to base pin, this current (IB) should be limited to 5mA.
When this transistor is fully biased then it can allow a maximum of 800mA to flow across the collector and emitter. This stage is called Saturation Region and the typical voltage allowed across the Collector-Emitter (VCE) or Base-Emitter (VBE) could be 200 and 900 mV respectively. When base current is removed the transistor becomes fully off, this stage is called as the Cut-off Region and the Base Emitter voltage could be around 660 mV.
- Bi-Polar high current NPN Transistor
- DC Current Gain (hFE) is 100
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 800mA
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 6V
- Collector Emitter Voltage (VCE) is 30V
- Base Current(IB) is 5mA maximum
- Available in To-92 Package
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 800mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 50V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 75V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 6V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 625 miliWatt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 300 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 35 – 300
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
PNP Complementary of 2N2222 is 2N2907
Replacement and Equivalent:
2N2219, 2N1613, 2N2218, 2N2792, NTE123A, 2N3904 (Pin configuration of SOME transistors are different from 2N2222, check pin configuration before replacing in a circuit)
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
Due to its good features 2N2222 can be used in wide variety of electronic projects, the large 600mA collector current makes this transistor ideal to use it in your electronic projects to control relays, high power LEDs, other high power transistors and ICs at the same time. 2N2222 can also be used to amplify audio signals for example it can be used in audio preamplifier stages and also in audio amplifier stages. It can also be used as a small audio amplifier or to drive a small speaker in electronic projects.
- Audio Preamplifiers
- Audio Amplifier Stages
- Switching many loads at the same time (Thanks to its 600mA output in a small TO-92 package)
- Darlington Pairs
- RF Circuits
- Sensor Circuits
- 1 x Transistor 2N2222A 2N2222 2N 2222 NPN 50V 0.8A 0.5W 250MHZ Power General Purpose Transistor BJT Switching Transistor TO-92 Package 3 Pin