Description: Transistor 2N3906 2N 3906 PNP Transistor BJT 40V 200mA 250MHz 600mW Bipolar General Purpose Transistors
2N3906 is a widely used transistor. This is also a famous transistor among hobbyists and students because it has been used in wide variety of electronic hobby and educational projects. The transistor is manufactured to perform general purpose tasks in electronic circuits hence it can be used for any general purpose requirement in electronic circuits that fall in its max specification values. The max collector current of the transistor is 200mA therefore it can be used to drive any load which falls under 200mA or 0.2A. Moreover the max collector dissipation value, DC current gain value also makes it ideal to use in wide variety of simple audio frequency applications.
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Max Collector Current(IC): 200mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 40V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 40V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 625 miliWatt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 250 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 100 – 300
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
- Bi-Polar PNP Transistor
- DC Current Gain (hFE) is 300 maximum
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 200mA
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
- Base Current(IB) is 5mA maximum
- Collector Emitter Voltage (VCE) is 40V
- Collector Base Voltage (VCB) is 40V
- Available in To-92 Package
NPN Complementary of 2N3906 is 2N3904
Replacement and Equivalent:
BC557, 2N2907, BC556, A1015, C945, 2N4403, 9014, BC527, BC558, BC559 (The pin configuration of the equivalent transistors may different from the 2N3906, therefore it is suggested to always confirm the pin configuration of the transistor you are replacing in the circuit.
Where & How to Use 2N3906 Transistor:
2N3906 can be used in many projects for example it can be used in audio amplifier circuits for general or small amplification requirements. It can also be used as an audio preamplifier or in any other audio related circuit. Moreover it can be used to amplify any type of small signal. On the other hand if you want to use it as a switch then you can drive any load under 200mA with this transistor for example Relays, LEDs, high power transistors etc. The emitter-base voltage of the transistor is 5V due to which it can also be used at the output of microcontrollers.
- Switching loads under 200mA
- Audio amplifier
- Audio Preamplifier
- Sensor circuits
- Used to switch high voltage low current loads
- Optimal for loads with high peak voltage upto 40V
- It is used in the various switching applications.
- Used in inverter and converter circuits
- Used for making siren or dual Led or Lamp flasher.
- Can be used in Darlington Pair.
- 1 x Transistor 2N3906 2N 3906 PNP Transistor BJT 40V 200mA 250MHz 600mW Bipolar General Purpose Transistors PNP Through Hole TO-92 Package