Description: 2SC5198 NPN Transistor
2SC5198 C5198 5198 NPN Transistor 140V 10A 100W Audio Power Amplifier Transistor TO-3P Package Electronics Semiconductor Device IC
2SC5198 is a TO-3P NPN transistor. This transistor is mainly built for audio amplification purposes and performs very well over the full range of audio frequencies from 20Hz to 20 kHz. It performs very well in amplifier circuits and provides the same sound quality as the input at the output with added amplification therefore ideal to use in the output stages of high power audio amplifiers. It is mostly used with its PNP complimentary transistor 2SA1941 to build audio amplifier circuits.
The max collector to emitter voltage of the transistor is 140V and the max collector current is 10A and 1A base current will be required to get 10A output current with the typical collector-emitter saturation voltage of 0.3V. These characteristics also make this transistor suitable to use in switching applications to drive load of up to 10A.
- Package Type: TO-3P
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 10A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 140V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 140V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 100 Watt
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 55 To 160
- Max Storage & Operating temperature: -55 to +150 Centigrade
Characteristics of 2SC5198 Transistor
- Type – NPN
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 140 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 140 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 5 V
- Collector Current: 10 A
- Collector Dissipation – 100 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 55 to 160
- Transition Frequency – 30 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -55 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-3P
PNP Complementary of 2SC5198 is 2SA1941
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SC5242, 2SC5199, ,2SC3280 , 2SC6011, 2SD2155,2SC5948, 2SC3907, 2SC2581,2SC3182,2SC5358, 2SC3281, 2SC3519, 2SC4468, 2SC5200, 2SC5949, 2SD1148, 2SC2837, 2SC2706, 2SC3855, 2SC3284.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
As said above this transistor is designed for audio amplification purposes but can also be used in switching circuits. Therefore it can be used in up to 70W high power audio amplifier output stage. Other than that it can also be used as a switch to drive load of upto 10A.
- Audio Amplifier Stages
- Audio Power Amplifier Circuits
- Switching load of up to 10A
- High voltage applications (Up to 140V)
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
To get long life performance with 2SC5198 stay atleat 20% below its absolute max ratings. The max collector current of the transistor is 10A, therefore, do not drive load of more than 8A, max collector to emitter voltage is 140V, therefore, do not drive load of more than 112V. Use a suitable heatsink with the transistor and always store or operate the transistor at temperatures above -55 degrees centigrade and below +150 degrees centigrade.
- 1 x 2SC5198 NPN Transistor
There are no reviews yet.