Descriptions: ACS712 Current Sensor Module-5A
5A Range Current Sensor Module ACS712 5A Current Sensor Module Straight 3 Pin Leads Range 5Amp ACS712 Current Sensor Module For Arduino Uno Raspberry Pi
The ACS712, available at Tomson Electronics, Kochi, Kerala, provides an economical and precise solution for AC or DC current sensing in an industrial and domestic system. Typical applications include motor control, load detection and management, switched-mode power supplies, and overcurrent fault protection. This product should not be used for automotive applications.
The device consists of a precise, low-offset, linear Hall sensor circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die. Applied current flowing through this copper conduction path generates a magnetic field which is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage. Device accuracy is optimized through the close proximity of the magnetic signal to the Hall transducer. A precise, proportional voltage is provided by the low-offset, chopper-stabilized BiCMOS Hall IC, which is programmed for accuracy after packaging.
The output of the device has a positive slope when an increasing current flows through the primary copper conduction path (from pins 1 and 2 to pins 3 and 4), which is the path used for current sensing. The internal resistance of this conductive path is 1.2 mΩ typical, providing low power loss. The thickness of the copper conductor allows survival of the device at up to 5× overcurrent conditions. The terminals of the conductive path are electrically isolated from the sensor IC leads (pins 5 through 8). This allows the ACS712 current sensor IC to be used in applications requiring electrical isolation without the use of opto-isolators or other costly isolation techniques.
- The output voltage at +2 amps would be (2.5V + (0.066 * 2)) = 2.632 V
- The output voltage at -5 amps would be (2.5V – (0.066 * 5)) = 2.170
- Supply Voltage: 4.5V~5.5V DC
- Measure Current Range: -5A~ 5A
- Sensitivity: 66mV/A
- The current sensor chips: ACS712ELC
- Current Range: 5A
- Pin 5V power supply, on-board power indicator;
- The module can measure the positive and negative 5amps, corresponding to the analog output 66mV / A;
- No test current through the output voltage is VCC / 2;
- PCB board size: 31x13mm
Note: ACS712 is based on Hall detection principle, please try to avoid the magnetic field, when using as it may impact the reading accuracy.
- The low-noise analog signal path
- Device bandwidth is set via the new FILTER pin
- 5 µs output rise time in response to step input current
- Small footprint, low-profile SOIC8 package
- 2.1 kV RMS minimum isolation voltage from pins 1-4 to pins 5-8
- 5.0 V, single-supply operation
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis
- The ratio metric output from the supply voltage.
- Motor control
- Load detection and management
- Switched-mode power supplies
- Over current fault protection.
- 1 x 20A Range ACS-712 ACS712 20A Hall Effect Current Sensor Module ACS 712 Straight Pin Range 20A Current Sensor Module For Arduino Uno R3 Raspberry Pi