Descriptions: 5mW LASER Module Emitter – Red Dot
An encapsulated laser diode, Class IIIa 5mW, with a 650nm (Red) wavelength. Can be driven from 3.0V to 5.0V DC so they’re great for your embedded electronics project, robot or other application.
Note: This is not a laser pointer. It’s a diode with integrated driver. You require a 3 to 5 VDC power supply. These diodes are 5mW output and have a safety label marked on them. User adequate precautions when using
- Output Laser Shape: Red Dot
- Focus: Adjustable on laser head
- Output Power: 5mw
- Wavelength: 650nm (Red)
- Size: 12mm x 40mm
- Cable Length: 135mm
- Working Voltage: 3.0v to 5.0v DC
- Working Temperature: -10°C to 40°C
- 650nm wavelength red Dot output
- Fully encapsulated with drive electronics
- Heavy duty chrome plated brass case
- Adjustable focus acrylic lens
- 2.3 to 5.2V Operation
These are fully encapsulated laser modules that incorporate a red laser diode and the necessary drive electronics into a heavy duty-chrome plated brass case.
The front of the case has an adjustment ring that allows you to focus the acrylic lens to obtain the best line size / focus. Turning the lens ring also changes the direction of the line which is created by the lens. The line spread is approximately 120 degrees.
You can use this module to create a line for marking the location of a cut or other operation. They can also be used for constructing a 3D scanner. Remember to never look straight at a laser diode while it is operating or point it at someones (or an animals) eyes, as eye damage is possible.
- The module can operate from voltages between 2.3 to 5.2V and has power lead pigtails for connecting to power.
- Current draw averages 12 mA @ 5V while the theoretical max current draw is 25 mA. These can be run off battery power or a small low voltage powers supply or AC adapter. The power draw is low enough that driving it directly from a uC pin is also possible.
- The black wire is ground and the red wire is is the positive voltage.
- Note that the case is not isolated. It is connected to the anode of the laser diode, so it will have the voltage being used to drive the LED. Just make sure not to ground the case in your application.
- CNC or Laser Engraver position identification
- Laser test tools
- Concentricity positioning
- Medical equipment positioning
- Production of signal equipment
- Use for DIY or robots
5mW Laser Module Dimensions:
- Diameter: 12mm
- Length: 30mm
- 1 X Laser Red Dot 5mW Module