Description: 7805 SMD Voltage Regulator
A CLASS SMD 78M05 LM7805 Voltage Regulator IC LM78M05 IC 5V 1.5A SMD 3 Pin Leads TO-263 Fixed 5V SMD 7805 Voltage Regulator IC
- Output current up to 0.5A
- No external components required
- Internal thermal overload protection
- Internal short-circuit current limiting
- Output transistor safe-area compensation
- Output voltage offered in 4% tolerance
- Output Type: Fixed
- Input Voltage Min: 0V
- Input Voltage Max: 35V
- Fixed Output Voltage Nom.: 5V
- Output Current: 500mA
- Linear Regulator Case Style: TO-252
- No. of Pins: 3Pins
- Operating Temperature Min: -20°C
- Operating Temperature Max: 85°C
- Product Range: 7805 Voltage Regulators
- RoHS Phthalates Compliant: Yes
Brief Description of 7805 Voltage Regulator IC
Voltage regulators are very common in electronic circuits. They provide a constant output voltage for a varied input voltage. In our case the 7805 IC is an iconic regulator IC that finds its application in most of the projects. The name 7805 signifies two meaning, “78” means that it is a positive voltage regulator and “05” means that it provides 5V as output. So our 7805 will provide a +5V output voltage.
The output current of this IC can go up to 1.5A. But, the IC suffers from heavy heat loss hence a Heat sink is recommended for projects that consume more current. For example if the input voltage is 12V and you are consuming 1A, then (12-5) * 1 = 7W. This 7 Watts will be dissipated as heat.
7805 as +5V Voltage Regulator
This is a typical application circuit of the 7805 IC. We just need two capacitors of vale 33uf and 0.1uf to get this IC working.
The input capacitor 0.33uF is a ceramic capacitor that deals with input inductance problem and the output capacitor 0.1uF is also a ceramic capacitor that adds to the stability of the circuit. These capacitors should be placed close to the terminals for them to work effectively. Also they should be of ceramic type, since ceramic capacitors are faster than electrolytic.
7805 as adjustable output Regulator
This IC can also act as an adjustable output voltage regulator, meaning you can also control the output voltage for your desired value using the below circuit.
Here, the input voltage can be anywhere between 9V-25V, and the output voltage can be adjusted using the value of resistance R1 and R2. The value can be calculated using the below formulae.
Where, Vxx=5, IQ = 5*10-3
- Constant +5V output regulator to power microcontrollers and sensors in most of the projects
- Adjustable Output Regulator
- Current Limiter for certain applications
- Regulated Dual Supply
- Output Polarity-Reversal-Protection Circuit
- 1 x A Class SMD 78M05 L7805CD2T L7805C2T L7805AD2T D2PAK L7805 7805 5V 1.5A SMD Voltage Regulator IC 3 Pin TO-263 Package Fixed 5V Positive Voltage Regulator IC Tube Linear Transistor
There are no reviews yet.