Description: AD595 Thermocouple Amplifier
The AD595 is a complete instrumentation amplifier and thermocouple cold junction compensator on a monolithic chip. It combines an ice point reference with a pre-calibrated amplifier to produce a high level (10 mV/°C) output directly from a thermocouple signal. Pin-strapping options allow it to be used as a linear amplifier-compensator or as a switched output set point controller using either fixed or remote setpoint control. It can be used to amplify its compensation voltage directly, thereby converting it to a stand-alone Celsius transducer with a low impedance voltage output.
The AD595 includes a thermocouple failure alarm that indicates if one or both thermocouple leads become open. The alarm output has a flexible format which includes TTL drive capability.
The highlight of this products are:
- The AD595 provides cold junction compensation, amplification, and an output buffer in a single IC package.
- Compensation, zero, and scale factor are all pre-calibrated by laser wafer trimming (LWT) of each IC chip.
- Flexible pinout provides for operation as a setpoint controller or a stand-alone temperature transducer calibrated in degrees Celsius.
- Operation at remote application sites is facilitated by low quiescent current and a wide supply voltage range +5 V to dual supplies spanning 30 V.
- Differential input rejects common-mode noise voltage on the thermocouple leads.
- Specified Temperature Range:0°C to +50°C
- supply voltage : +5 V to +30 V
- Pretrimmed for Type K (AD595) Thermocouples
- Wide Power Supply Range: +5 V to +/-15 V
- Low Power: <1 mW typical
- Thermocouple Failure Alarm
- Setpoint Mode Operation
- Self-Contained Celsius Thermometer Operation
- High Impedance Differential Input
- Side-Brazed DIP or Low Cost Cerdip
- 1 x AD595 Thermocouple Amplifier