Description: NTC 5D-20 20mm Thermistor Temperature Sensor
BLACK NTC 10D-20 20mm Leaded Epoxy Coated Thermistor Temperature Sensor NTC 10 Ohm Thermal Resistor 10 Ohm Thermistor 2 Pin Leads
This NTC thermister is a transducer which converting from heat energy into electrical energy and its resistance decreases when temperature increases. The NTC temperature sensors are made from a mixture of metal oxides which are subjected to a sintering process that gives them a negative electrical resistance versus temperature (R/T) relationship.
Thermistor is an electronic component used to calculate the temperature. This is a type of resistor whose resistance varies with change in temperature. These NTC thermistors are made up from the combination of metal oxides which passed through sintering process which gives negative electrical resistance versus temperature (R/T) relationship to it. Due to having a large negative slope, a small change in temperature cause a huge change in electrical resistance.
Basically, there are two types of thermistor; one is NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) and second one is PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient). If the thermistor is NTC type, then it decreases the resistance as increase in temperature and PTC behavior is just opposite to the NTC. A thermistor is connected with any electrical circuit to measure the temperature of the body or the substance. This thermistor’s operating temperature range is -55 °C to 125 °C, the range of the temperature is depend upon the base resistance.
NTC Thermistor Features:
- Come with broad resistance range
- Thermistor cost is economical
- Provided with lacquer-coated thermistor disk
- Copper leads have coating of tin.
- Having lead spacing of 5.0 mm
- Component remarked with resistance and tolerance
- Good stability, durability in environment
- Provide high accuracy in resistance and B-constant
- Product is not containing lead
- Small in size, high-powered, and very capable of bringing
- down the surge current
- Quick in reaction
- High in B value and low in residual current
- Long service life and high reliability
- High coefficient of safety and a wide range of application
- Resistance at 25 degrees C: 1K +- 5%
- Dissipation factor (loss-rate of energy of a mode of oscillation) δ th = (in air)approx.7.5mW/K
- Thermal cooling time constant <= (in air) 20 seconds
- Temperature Coefficient Type: NTC
- Thermal Time Constant: 10s
- Resistance 10Ω
- Tolerance: ±5%
- Maximum Power Rating: 75mW
- Maximum Operating Temperature: +150°C
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -80°C
- Dimensions(dia.): 20mm
- Length: 30mm
- Application: Compensation, Control, Measurement, etc.
- Domestic application – Fridges, freezers, cookers and deep-fat fryers etc.
- Industrial, Telecommunication application – Process control, heating and ventilation, air conditioning, fire alarms, temperature protection in battery management/charging systems, Video and audio equipment, mobile phones and camcorders etc.
- Automotive application – Inlet air-temperature control, engine temperature control, airbag electronic systems etc.
- Thermistor can be used for temperature compensation, temperature measurement, temperature controlling.
- Inlet air-temperature control.
- Transmission oil temperature control.
- Engine temperature control.
- Airco systems.
- Airbag electronic systems.
- Temperature detection of laser diode in CD players for cars.
- 1 x BLACK NTC 10D-20 20mm Leaded Epoxy Coated Thermistor Temperature Sensor NTC 10 Ohm Thermal Resistor 10 Ohm Thermistor 2 Pin Leads