Description: BMP180 Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Module
BMP180 Digital Barometric Sensor Module compatible with Arduino will Measure the absolute pressure of the environment using a digital barometer such as this has some interesting applications. By converting the pressure measured into altitude, you have a reliable Sensor for determining the height of your robot, plane or projectile! Using a sensor as capable as the BMP180 you can achieve an accuracy of 1m, with the noise of only 17cm in ultra-high resolution noise. The device will operate at the only 0.3uA meaning low current draw for battery-powered applications. The BMP180 comes fully calibrated and ready to use. As the device operates over I2C we’ve added optional I2C pull-ups that can be enabled using the PU (pull up) jumper on the board for your convenience and ease during breadboarding. Using I2C, the device provides pressure and temperature as 16bit values, which are used along with calibration data within the device are used to provide a temperature compensated altitude calculation.
- Measuring the absolute pressure of the environment using a digital barometer such as this has some interesting applications.
- By converting the pressure measured into altitude
- You have a reliable sensor for determining the height of your robot, plane or projectile!
- The device will operate at only 0.3uA meaning low current draw for battery powered applications.
- Using I2C, the device provides pressure and temperature as 16bit values
- Enhancement of GPS navigation (dead-reckoning, slope detection, etc.)
- In-and-out door navigation
- Leisure and sports
- Weather forecast
- Vertical velocity indication (rise/sink speed)
- Small and easy to use.
- 1. Pressure range: 300~1100hpa (at an altitude of 9000m~500m)
- 2. Power supply voltage: 1.8V~3.6V(VDDA), 1.62V~3.6V(VDDD)
- 3. Low power consumption: 5muA, in the standard model
- 4. High linear mode, the resolution of 0.03 hPa (0.25 meters)
Working of BMP180:
The BMP180 consists of a piezo-resistive sensor, an analog to digital converter and a control unit with E2PROM and a serial I2C interface. The BMP180 delivers the uncompensated value of pressure and temperature. The microcontroller sends a start sequence to start a pressure or temperature measurement. After converting time, the result value (pressure or temperature respectively) can be read via the I2C interface. For calculating temperature in °C and pressure in hPa, the calibration data has to be used. These constants can be read out from the BMP180 E2PROM via the I2C interface at software initialization. The sampling rate can be increased up to 128 samples per second (standard mode) for dynamic measurement. In this case, it is sufficient to measure the temperature only once per second and to use this value for all pressure measurements during the same period.
- 1 x BMP180 Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board Module