Description: CD4024 IC CD 4024 DIP 14 Pin IC
CD4024BE CD4024 CD-4024 4024 DIP-14 Pin Package Binary Counter 7 Stage Binary Counter IC Breadboard Friendly IC
CD4024 is a part of the CD4000 IC series. CD4024 is a 7-stage ripple-carry binary counter. Buffered outputs are externally available from stages 1 through 7. The IC is always available in a 14 – pin hermetically sealed dual in lin eIC package (DIP). The counter is reset to its logical “0” stage by a logical “1” on the reset input. The counter advances one count on the negative transition of each clock pulse. CD4024 offers many different features such as high noise immunity and ESD barring.
What is a Binary Counter?
A Binary Counter is a digital counter that counts 10 digits. It resets for every new clock input. As it can go through 10 unique combinations of output, therefore it is also called a “Decade counter”. A binary counter can count 0000, 0001, 0010, 1000, 1001, 1010, 1011, 1110, 1111, 0000, and 0001 and so on.
CD4024 Key Features
- Wide supply voltage range: 3.0V to 15V
- High noise immunity: 0.45 VDD (typ.)
- Low power TTL compatibility: Fan out of 2 driving 74L or 1 driving 74LS
- High speed: 12 MHz (typ.) input pulse rate VDD − VSS = 10V
- Fully static operation
|Pin No||Pin Name||Description|
|3||Q7||Output 7 of Counter|
|4||Q6||Output 6 of Counter|
|5||Q5||Output 5 of Counter|
|6||Q4||Output 4 of Counter|
|9||Q3||Output 3 of Counter|
|11||Q2||Output 2 of Counter|
|12||Q1||Output 1 of Counter|
- Frequency counters
- Digital clocks
- Analog to digital convertors.
- With some changes in their design, counters can be used as frequency divider circuits. The frequency divider circuit is that which divides the input frequency exactly by ‘2’.
- 1 x CD4024 IC CD 4024 DIP 14 Pin IC