Description: CD4060 Binary Counter IC CD 4060 Dual In Package DIP 16 Pin IC
The CD4060BC is a 12-stage ripple carry binary counter. The state of the counter is advanced one count on the negative transition of each clock pulse. The counters are reset to the zero state by a logical “1” at the reset input independent of clock.
The CD4060 is a CMOS chip with a binary counter and oscillator included. This is because it has a built-in oscillator module that only requires a few passive electronic components. From only two resistors and one capacitor it can create 10 different frequencies .
- DC Supply Voltage Range:-0.5V to +20V
- Input Voltage Range, All Inputs:-0.5V to VDD+0.5V
- DC Input Current, any one Input:±10mA
- 14-bit Binary Counter/Divider
- Counting range: 0 to 16383 (In decimal)
- Operating Voltage: 3V to 18V
- Nominal Voltage: 5V, 10V, 15V
- Source current, sink current details are given in datasheet below.
- Maximum Clock Frequency: 30MHz at 15V
- Reset Propagation Delay: 25ns at 5V
- Available in 16-pin PDIP, CDIP,SOIC, TSSOP packages
Alternatives Binary Counters
Where to use CD4060 IC
The IC CD4060 is a 14-bit Binary Counter IC from Texas Instruments. It has 12 output pins ranging from Q1 to Q14 excluding Q2 and Q3. When an Input clock pulse is given to the pin for each pulse the binary value gets incremented from 00 0000 0000 0000 to 11 1111 1111 1111 which is equivalent for 0 to 16383 in decimal.
This behavior of the IC can be used to build counters and Dividers, also it is very commonly used for timing related applications. So if you are looking for a 14-bit binary counter which can be incremented through a clock pulse then this IC might be of interest to you.
- Used for creating long timing period
- Astable frequency divider or counter circuit
- Timing related applications
- Used in project where Microcontrollers should be avoided
- 1 x CD4060 Binary Counter IC CD 4060 Dual In Package DIP 16 Pin IC