Description: CD4585 4-bit Comparator
The CD4585BE is a 4-bit Magnitude Comparator designed for use in computer and logic applications that require the comparison of two 4-bit words. This logic circuit determines whether one 4-bit word (Binary or BCD) is ‘less than’, ‘equal to’ or ‘greater than’ a second 4-bit word. The CD4585B has eight comparing inputs (A3, B3, through A0, B0), three outputs (A<B, A = B, A>B) and three cascading inputs (A<B, A=B, A>B) that permit systems designers to expand the comparator function to 8, 12, 16…..4N bits. When a single CD4585B is used, the cascading inputs are connected as follows: (A<B) = low, (A=B) = high, (A>B) = high.
- Expansion to 8, 12, 16…..4N bits by cascading units.
- Medium-speed operation:.
- compares two 4-bit words in 180 ns (typ.) at 10 V.
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V.
- Standardized symmetrical output characteristics.
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings.
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C.
- Noise margin (full package temperature range) =
- 1 V at VDD = 5 V.
- 2 V at VDD = 10 V.
- 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V.
- Servo motor controls.
- Process controllers
- 1 x CD4585 4-bit Comparator