Description: Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module MQ-8 MQ8 Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module H2 Gas Detection Sensor Module
MQ-8 MQ8 Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module MQ-8 Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module H2 Gas Detection Sensor Module For Arduino Electronics Project DIY
This sensor module has an MQ-8 as the sensor component and has a protection resistor and an adjustable resistor on-board. The MQ-8 gas sensor is highly sensitive hydrogen and less sensitive to alcohol, and cooking fume. It could be used in gas leakage detection appliance in family and industry. The resistance of the sensor component changes as the concentration of the target gas changes. The MQ-8 series of gas sensors use a small heater inside with an electrochemical sensor. They are sensitive to a range of gasses and are used indoors at room temperature. The output is an analog signal and can be read with an analog input of the Arduino. Analog output voltage with concentration, the higher concentration, the higher voltage. Has long service life and reliable stability. Rapid response recovery features
- Input voltage: DC5V
- Power consumption (current) : 150 mA
- AO output: 0.1-0.3 V (pollution-free)
- Highest concentration of voltage: Approx. 4 V
- Detection range of alcohol: detection range of 10 ~ 1000 PPM
- Dimensions: 32.5(L) x 20.75(W) x 21.75(H)
- 1. Using high quality double panel design, it has power indication indication and TTL signal output.
- 2. It has DO signal switching (TTL) analog output and AO signal output.
- 3, effective TTL output signal is low level. (when the output is low, the lights on signal, can be directly connected to a single chip or relay module).
- 4. To simulate the output voltage, the higher the concentration, the higher the voltage.
- 5. It has good sensitivity for hydrogen detection.
- 6, four screw holes are easy to locate;
- 7. The product shape: 32 (L) * 20 (W) * 22 (H)
- 8. Long term life and reliable stability
- 9. Fast response recovery features
Working of an MQ-8 Hydrogen Gas Sensor
A gas sensor can detect the concentration of a specific gas in the air. Depending upon the concentration of the gas, the sensor generates a potential difference by changing the resistance of the sensing element, which can then be measured as the output voltage. MQ-8 hydrogen gas sensor consists of a sensing element which is aluminum-oxide-based ceramic, coated with tin dioxide (SnO2), enclosed in a stainless-steel mesh. In the case of any H2 in the air, the resistivity of the sensing element changes, and the change is measured to get the concentration of the gas present. MQ-8 sensor can detect H2 in the concentration range of 100-1000ppm.
- VCC: Positive (5 v)
- GND: Connect power negative
- DO: TTL switch signal output
- AO: Analog signal output
- Suitable for domestic or industrial hydrogen leak on a monitoring device. Are not subject to ethanol vapor, soot, carbon monoxide and other gases interference.
- 1 x Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module MQ-8 MQ8 Hydrogen Gas Sensor Module H2 Gas Detection Sensor Module For Arduino