Description: MLX90614 Infrared Thermometer
Melexis’ MLX90614ESF-BAA is an infrared thermometer designed for non-contact temperature sensing. An internal 17-bit ADC and a powerful DSP contribute to the MLX90614’s high accuracy and resolution. It has a huge number of applications including body temperature measurment and movement detection.
The MLX90614 provides two methods of output: PWM and SMBus (i.e. TWI, I2C). The 10-bit PWM output provides a resolution of 0.14°C, while the TWI interface has a resolution of 0.02°C. The MLX90614 is factory calibrated in wide temperature ranges: -40 to 85°C for the ambient temperature and -70 to 382.2°C for the object temperature. The measured value is the average temperature of all objects in the Field Of View of the sensor. The MLX90614 offers a standard accuracy of 0.5°C around room temperatures.
This devices comes in an industry standard TO-39 package. We’re carrying the 3V version of this sensor.
- Small size, low cost
- Mounted on a breakout board with two types of pins
- 10k Pull up resistors for the I2C interface with optional solder jumpers
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range:-40…+125°C for sensor temperature and -70…+380°C for object temperature.
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0…+50°C for both Ta and To) High (medical) accuracy calibration
- Measurement resolution of 0.02°C
- Single and dual zone versions
- SMB us compatible digital interface
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Simple adaptation for 8-16V applications
- Sleep mode for reduced power consumption
- Different package options for applications andmeasurements versatility
- Automotive grade
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile Air Conditioning control system
- Temperature sensing element for residential, commercial and industrial building airconditioning
- Windshield defogging
- Automotive blind angle detection
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts
- Temperature control in printers and copiers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Movement detection
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Thermal relay / alert
- Body temperature measurement
- 1 x MLX90614 Infrared Temperature Sensor Module