The IRFZ44N is a N-channel MOSFET with a high drain current of 49A and low Rds value of 17.5 mΩ. It also has a low threshold voltage of 4V at which the MOSFET will start conducting. Hence it is commonly used with microcontrollers to drive with 5V. However a driver circuit is needed if the MOSFET has to be switched in completely.
- Small signal N-Channel MOSFET
- Continuous Drain Current (ID) is 49A at 25°C
- Pulsed Drain Current (ID-peak) is 160A
- Minimum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 2V
- Maximum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 4V
- Gate-Source Voltage is (VGS) is ±20V (max)
- Maximum Drain-Source Voltage (VDS) is 55V
- Rise time and fall time is about 60ns and 45ns respectively.
- It is commonly used with Arduino, due to its low threshold current.
- Available in To-220 package
Alternatives for IRFZ44N
- IRF2807, IRFB3207, IRFB4710
How to use IRFZ44N MOSFET
Unlike transistors MOSFET’s are voltage controlled devices. Meaning, they can be turned on or turned off by supplying the required Gate threshold voltage (VGS). IRFZ44N is an N-channel MOSFET, so the Drain and Source pins will be left open when there is no voltage applied to the gate pin. When a gate voltage is applied these pins gets closed.
If it is required to be switched with Arduino, then a simple drive circuit using a transistor will work to provide the required gate voltage to trigger the MOSFET to open fully. For other switching and amplifying applications, a dedicated MOFET Driver IC is required.
- Switching high power devices
- Control speed of motors
- LED dimmers or flashers
- High Speed switching applications
- Converters or Inverter circuits
- 1 x MOSFET IRFZ44 IRFZ44N IRFZ44NPB IRFZ44NPBF 55V 41A A Class N-Channel MOSFET 3 Pin Power Transistors TO-220 Electronics Parts