Description: A Class LM7806 L7806CV L7806 7806 6V 1.5A Voltage Regulator IC 3 Pin
LM7806 is a voltage regulator IC of LM78xx IC series. It provides fixed 6V DC positive output with 1A to 1.5A output current. The IC contains many built in features like over heat shutdown function, overload shutdown, short circuit protection / shutdown which make it reliable and ideal to use in commercial equipment.
The maximum input the IC can handle is 35V DC and minimum input to achieve stable 6V at the output should be 8V because the IC requires 2V above than its output to provide stable 6V output. A heatsink is a must to use with this IC because it dissipates heat during operation.
LM7806 IC Features :
- TO-220 Package
- Output current of the IC is 1A to 1.5A
- Internal Circuitry Contains Built-in short circuit protection function
- Built in Over heat protection / shutdown function
- Low price
- Reliable to use in commercial equipment.
- Provides 6V stable and fixed output.
- The IC can handle max input voltage of 35V DC.
This section mentions some of the features and specifications of the 7806 IC.
- Input Voltage range: 8V to 25V
- Output Voltage: 5.75V(min) – 6.25V(max)
- Output Current: 1A
- Peak current: 2.2A
- Operating Temperature : 0 to +125 C
- Polarity: Positive
- Power Supplies
- Motor Drivers
- Battery Chargers
- Solar Power Supplies
- Voltage Stepping Down
- Remote control cars
- Current Limiter for certain applications
- Regulated Dual Supply
- Phone chargers
- Power distribution circuits
Replacement and Equivalent / Other Part Numbers:
LM340T-06, LM340AT-6.0 voltage regulators can be used in the place of LM7806. But if you can’t find these alternative ICs then you can also use an LM317 as a 6V fixed output voltage regulator by adjusting the variable resistor on 6V output. All the guide for LM317 IC can be found online.
LM7806 6V DC Power Supply Circuit:
The schematic below shows a 6V stable power supply circuit using LM7806 IC.
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
To reliably run LM7806 IC for long life in your circuits you must use a suitable heatsink with the IC, do not exceed the input voltage from 35V DC, do not drive load of more than 1.5A through this IC and do not operate below 0 centigrade and above +125 centigrade and always store in temperature between -65 to +150 centigrade.
- 1 x A Class LM7806 L7806CV L7806 7806 6V 1.5A Voltage Regulator IC 3 Pin TO-220 Package Fixed 6V Positive Voltage Regulator IC Chip