Description: A Class LM7815 L7815CV L7815 7815 15V 1.5A Voltage Regulator IC 3 Pin
A Class LM7815 Voltage Regulator IC L7815CV LM7815 IC 15V 1.5A 3 Pin TO-220 Fixed 15V 7815 Voltage Regulator IC LM7815 Transistor
LM7815 is an anther fixed output voltage regulator IC from the series LM78xx. LM78xx is a series of fixed voltage regulator IC. The series contains different fixed output voltage regulator ICs like LM7805, LM7809, LM7812, LM7824 etc. The main function of the IC is to provide a stable and clean 15V and 1A to 1.5A at its output whether the input is constantly changing but one thing should be kept in mind if you are designing a circuit or using it in an already designed circuit that the input fluctuations or the input voltage should be under 17V DC to 35V DC because if the input voltage will go below 17V the output will not be stable because the IC require atleast 2 volts above its output to work properly, additionally the input voltage should not be increased from 35V which is the max input voltage of the IC. Applying voltage more than 35V can damage the IC. A suitable heatsink is also an essential part of this IC because the intput and output voltage different is converted into heat therefore a user must use it.
- TO-220 Package
- The Output current is 1A to 1.5A
- Built-in short circuit shutdown function
- Buit-in over heat shutdown function
- Low cost
- Reliable and long life to use commercially
- Stable and fixed output of 15V DC
- Maximum input voltage is upto 35V DC
- The standby current only 8mA
7815 Regulator Features
- 15V Positive Voltage Regulator
- Minimum Input Voltage is 17V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 35V
- Output Current: 1.5 A
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum of 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220, TO-3 and KTE package
- Voltage Step Down Circuits
- Voltage Converter Circuits
- Power Supply Circuits
- Motor Drivers
- Battery Chargers Circuits
- Solar Power Supplies
- Microcontroller Related Applications
Replacement and Equivalent / Other Part Numbers:
LM2940CT-15, LM340T–15, LM340AT–15 voltage regulators can be used as equivalent of LM7815, but if somehow you are unable to find these then you can also use LM317 IC that you can find easily and set it on 15V fixed output.
LM7815 15V DC Power Supply Circuit:
The diagram below shows a 15V DC power supply circuit using 7815 IC.
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
For good, stable and long term performance in your circuits, always use heatsink, do not drive load of more than 1.5A, do not apply input voltage of more than 35V and always operate in temperature between 0 Celsius to +125 Celsius and store in temperature between -65 Celsius and +150 Celsius.
- 1x A Class LM7815 L7815CV L7815 7815 15V 1.5A Voltage Regulator IC 3 Pin TO-220 Package Fixed 15V Positive Voltage Regulator IC Chip
There are no reviews yet.