Description: Keypad Shield With LCD1602 LCD Display Monitor 1602 16×02 5V Character Blue Backlight Screen LCD 1602 IIC I2C
Keypad Shield With LCD1602 LCD Display Monitor 1602 16×02 5V Character Blue Backlight Screen LCD 1602 IIC I2C For Arduino LCD Display Electronics Circuitry & Parts
The 16×2 LCD Shield with Keypad is a basic Arduino Shield expansion that can attach directly onto existing Arduino board projects, adding an LCD screen and 5-button interface to control or otherwise utilize your projects independently from laptops or PCs. By using a Hitachi HD44780 LCD white text on blue background screen, this Shield is the ideal investment for Makers and hobbyists who want to take their Arduino projects out into the world for experimentation – or just for showing off. J
This Shield is very easy to program and uses the standard Arduino IDE Sketches under Examples>Liquid Crystal, ensuring that anyone from beginner to master can enjoy genuine value for money with this purchase. And with a simple 5-button interface controlling UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT and SELECT, this Shield really couldn’t easier to install and utilize – to make your Arduino projects even better.
The screen itself consists of 1602 white characters and is capable of displaying up to 2 lines of 16 characters at a time, or can be programmed to display matrices of pixels for custom-coded graphics. And while there are five control buttons, they use a clever 5-stage voltage divider, meaning that all five buttons can be powered and controlled via an ADC channel on a single analog pin. The backlight can also be controlled for situations in which battery saving is important, and can be adjusted via an on-board potentiometer at the top of the board.
- Wide viewing angle and high contrast
- Display: 16 Characters x 2 Lines
- LCD Type: STN Blue/white
- Backlight Type: White LED
- Character Fonts: 5×8 Dots (with cursor)
- Controller: SMC1602A or Equivalent
- Power Supply: DC +5V
- LED Backlight Input: DC +5V
- View Area: 65W * 14H mm
- Character Size: 4.89W * 2.78H mm
- Pitch Size: 0.50W * 0.55H mm
- This is a basic 16 character by 2 line black-on-green display.
- Utilizes the extremely common HD44780 parallel interface chipset.
- Interface code is freely available.
- Blue Backlight with white words.
- Uses 4 Bit Arduino LCD Library.
- Size:8cm x 5.9cm – 3.15inch x 2.32inch.
- Analog 0: Button (select, up, right, down and left)
- Digital 4: DB4
- Digital 5: DB5
- Digital 6:DB6
- Digital 7: DB7
- Digital 8: RS (Data or Signal Display Selection)
- Digital 9: Enable
- Digital 10: Backlit Control
- 1x Keypad Shield With LCD1602 LCD Display Monitor 1602 16×02 5V Character Blue Backlight Screen LCD 1602 IIC I2C For Arduino LCD Display