Description: LM311 Comparator
The LM311 series is a monolithic, low input current voltage comparator. The device is also designed to operate from dual or single supply voltage. The LM311 is a single comparator. This means it is composed internally of one comparator. It compares these voltage inputs and determines which is the larger value. Based on this, electronic decisions can be made based on which input is greater and which is smaller. Thus, a comparator is very useful in circuits where we measure levels and want our circuit to act a certain way based on whether the level of an input is greater or smaller than a certain threshold. Before we actually build our comparator circuit, we first must go over in detail the pinout of an LM311 comparator IC, so that you know what each pin is and what each pin does.
- Low input bias current : 250nA (Max)
- Low input offset current : 50nA (Max)
- Differential Input Voltage : ±30V
- Power supply voltage : single 5.0V supply to ±15V.
- Offset voltage null capability.
- Strobe capability.
- Maximum Supply Voltage:36V
- Output to Negative Supply Voltage:40 V
- Ground to Negative voltage : -30 V
- Differential Input Voltage : 30 V
- Input Voltage :±15 V
- Maximum Power Dissipation:500mW
- Maximum Positive Supply Current:7.5mA
- Maximum Negative supply current:-5mA
- Operating Temperature range:0~+70°C
- 1 x LM311 Comparator