Description: LM358 LM358P LM358N Operational Amplifier IC OPAMP Low Power Dual Operational Amplifiers LM 358 DIP 8 Pin Chip IC
The LM358 contains two independent high gain operational amplifiers, low power, dual channel op-amp, high gain with internal frequency compensation. Single power supply will be required to operate both op-amps in LM358. We can also use a split power supply. The device has low power supply voltage.
LM358 IC can also be used as transducer standard operational amplifier and it is suitable for our needs. It can handle voltage from 3V to 32V DC supply and current up to 20mA per channel. It consists of 8 pins which contains two operational amplifiers.
In this IC we have two operational amplifier which can we use as a comparator. LM- The low power drain also makes the LM358 a good choice for battery operation. Generally we obtain signal from sensor are usually have small rating. We cannot do anything with this rating for example we obtain 0.3V from sensor. By using 0.3V we cannot ON/OFF led or relay. The LM-358 IC get signal from the sensor and compare to the reference voltage. Then this IC will decide whether the voltage is greater or less than reference voltage by giving output high or low.
If the rating of the LM-358 exceed from these values it will be damage it will work on the rating given below:
- Integrated with two Op-Amps in a single package
- Wide power supply Range
- Singe supply – 3V to 32V
- Dual supply – ±1.5V to ±16V
- Input differential voltage range ±32
- Low Supply current – 700uA
- Input common mode voltage range -0.3 to 32
- Single supply for two op-amps enables reliable operation
- Junction temperature 150˚C
- Operating ambient temperature – 0˚C to 70˚C
- Storage temperature range – 65˚C to 150˚C
- Soldering pin temperature – 260 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- Short circuit protected outputs
- Available packages: TO-99, CDIP, DSBGA, SOIC, PDIP, DSBGA
- Single and Split Supply Operation
- Short Circuit Protected Outputs
- Internally Compensated
- True Differential Input Stage
- Low Input Bias Currents
- Single Supply Operation of LM-358 3.0 V to 32 V
- Common Mode Range Extends to Negative Supply
Advantages of LM358:
LM-358 has different advantages, a few of which are given below.
- There is no need separate supply to the op-amp
- LM-358 is Compatibility with all forms of logic.
- Two Op-amps, compensated internally we can use both op-amp at a time or if we need only one op-amp we can used it .
- Power drain suitable for battery operation.
- Removes the necessity of dual supplies
- Permits direct sensing close to GND & VOUT
- DC gain block due to which it has minimum interference to RF signals
- General signal conditioning because it can be used as comparator it compare two signals
- Transducer amplifiers it can convert sound signals into electrical signals
- General signal amplification it amplify signal
- Active filters because it remove noise from the signal
- Operational amplifier circuits.
- Current loop transmitters for 4 to 20mA.
- Conventional op-amp circuits
- It can be used as Integrator, Summer, Differentiator, adder, Voltage follower, etc.,
- Power supplies and mobile chargers
- Motor control: AC induction, brushless DC, brushed DC high-voltage, low-voltage, permanent magnet, and stepper motor
- Desktop PC and motherboard contains LM-358
- Indoor and outdoor air conditioners
- Washers, dryers, and refrigerators
Replacement / Equivalent / Other Part Numbers:
LM2904, LM258, LM324 may also be used as a replacement for LM 358 if space is not a problem.
Single Supply and Dual Operational Amplifiers:
These dual operational amplifiers feature low power drain, a common mode input voltage range means it give amplification to the signal that appear on the common extending to ground/VEE, and single supply or split supply operation. The LM358 series contain two operational amplifier is equivalent to one−half of an LM324 which contains four operational amplifiers.
- 1 xLM358 LM358P LM358N Operational Amplifier IC OPAMP Low Power Dual Operational Amplifiers LM 358 DIP 8 Pin Chip IC