Description: Motor Control Shield Expansion Board with Dual H-bridge Driver L293D
The Motor Control Shield from Waveshare is based on the L293D motor driver IC, which is a dual full-bridge driver designed to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC and stepping motors. With dual L293D ICs, the shield lets you drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors at the same time with your Arduino board along with the control over speed and direction of each one independently. The shield has an adjustable power supply which can have output voltages ranging from 1.25V to 6.45V DC at a time (9V external power supply is required)
The Motor Shield must be powered only by an external power supply. Because the L293D IC mounted on the shield has two separate power connections, one for the logic and one for the motor supply driver. The required motor current often exceeds the maximum USB current rating .External (non-USB) power can come either from an AC-to-DC adapter (wall-wart) or battery. The adapter can be connected by plugging a 2.1mm center-positive plug into the Motor Control Shield’s power jack.
To avoid possible damage to the on board IC’s, we recommend using an external power supply that provides a voltage between 5V to 9V. The shield has a dual H-bridge driver with a total of 4 channels. Each channel can supply up to 600mA output current, that makes up to a 1.2A peak output current per H-bridge.
- Configurable motor power supply via onboard jumper
- when using 5V motor power supply : drives four 5V DC motors at one time
- when using adjustable motor power supply : drives two 1.25V-6.45V DC motors at one time (9V external power supply is required)
- Onboard two dual H-bridge driver L293D
- each L293D can drive 2 DC motors or 1 stepping motor at one time
- totally 4 channel H-bridge, with 600mA output current (peak 1.2A) per single bridge
- ESD protection
1 X Motor Control Shield Expansion Board with Dual H-bridge Driver L293D