Description: MQ-5 Methane & LPG Sensor
This MQ-5 gas detector is used for leak detection of LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas), methane, propane, butane, natural gas and city gas, with low sensitivity to alcohol and smoke. Suitable for home and industrial use, it has fast response and recovery characteristics, long life and reliable stability.
The module features dual signal outputs: An analog output (0V to ~5V), the higher the gas concentration, the higher the voltage, and a digital TTL level output to signal the presence or absence of gas. The TTL threshold is adjustable with the onboard potentiometer.
- Sensitive material of MQ-5 gas sensor is SnO2, which with lower conductivity in clean air. When the target combustible gas exist, The sensors conductivity is more higher along with the gas concentration rising. Please use simple electrocircuit, convert change of conductivity to correspond output signal of gas concentration.
- MQ-5 gas sensor has high sensitity to Methane, Propane and Butane, and could be used to detect both Methane and Propane. The sensor could be used to detect different combustible gas especially Methane, it is with low cost and suitable for different application.
How to Use:
In the case of working with a MCU:
- VCC ↔ 2.5V ~ 5.0V
- GND ↔ power supply ground
- AOUT ↔ MCU.IO (analog output)
- DOUT ↔ MCU.IO (digital output)
- Domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
- 1 x MQ-4 Gas Sensor Module