Description: Nokia 1.6 Inch 5110 LCD Display Screen Module With Backlight
NKA 1.6 Inch 3.3V LCD 5110 Display 1.6 Inch LCD Display Module With Backlight PCD8544 5110 LCD Display For Arduino Raspberry Pi
The NOKIA 5110 LCD screen has a resolution of 84×48(or 48×84, however you read it) i.e. the screen has pixels arranged in 84 rows and 48 columns making a total of 4032 pixels (84*48=4032). So, since a NOKIA 5110 LCD screen is called a ‘Graphical LCD screen’, one has access to all the pixels, i mean, access to control each and every pixel individually(you know what I mean) unlike some of the LCD screens which are named as ‘Alphanumeric LCD Displays’ where one can access a block of pixels, generally 7×5 and place only a single alphabet or a number in that block of 7×5. If you have already worked with some alphanumeric LCD screens earlier(without any libraries), you are half-way done. In case, you haven’t worked with one earlier, no probs. I’ll let you know every possible detail I know.
So, as said earlier, the above image shows the arrangement of pixels in 48 rows and 84 columns( or vice-versa). Just like how each block in a alphanumeric LCD screens is addressed by a unique 8-bit code, every 8 pixels in the NOKIA 5110 LCD screen are assigned with a unique 8-bit address. So, let me explain about this 8 pixels grouping in the NOKIA 5110 LCD screen. Every 8 pixels vertically is grouped, as shown above and let’s call it a block(different from the alphanumeric LCD screen’s block). So, each block has a unique address to access it.
- Operating Voltage is 2.7V to 3.3V
- Current consumption is 6mA
- Consists of 48 rows and 84 columns (84×48) monochrome pixels
- Works using SPI interface
- Consists of Philips PCD8544 interface chip for easy interfacing
- Can be easily interfaced with Arduino
- Supports decent graphics of bitmap images
- Available in Green and Blue Backlight
- 84 X 84 dot matrix LCD, 4 lines
- You can use electricity conducting paste with PCB without connecting cable. Metal hooks on the module can repair module on PCB, which is easy to install and can replace them.
- LCD chip sequencer/controller was tied to LCD chip, volume is small LCD
- Low power supply, operating current in normal situation is lower than 200µA, and power-down mode.
Document for Download: Data:
- RST——— reset
- CE————chip selection
- DC———–data/commands choice
- DIN———–serial data line
- CLK————serial Clock Speed
- LIGHT——— backlight control terminal
- GND———–power negative
- Can be used to display alphanumeric characters and bitmap images
- Used in application where fancy graphics are required
- Requires only a maximum of 5 pins to operate hence I/O friendly
- Comes with a backlight and hence can be used even in darker environment
- Can be used to create retro games using microcontrollers
- Graphics are decent enough to create a basic UI
Your screen may or may not have a diode on the PCB. It does not affect performance and will vary depending on our shipment.
- 1 x Nokia 1.6″ Inch 5110 LCD Display Screen Module With Backlight PCD8544 For Arduino Raspberry Pi B+ B
There are no reviews yet.