Description: Nokia 1.6″ Inch 5110 LCD Display Screen Module With Backlight PCD8544 For Arduino Raspberry Pi B+ B
The NOKIA 5110 LCD screen has a resolution of 84×48(or 48×84, however you read it) i.e. the screen has pixels arranged in 84 rows and 48 columns making a total of 4032 pixels (84*48=4032). So, since a NOKIA 5110 LCD screen is called a ‘Graphical LCD screen’, one has access to all the pixels, i mean, access to control each and every pixel individually(you know what I mean) unlike some of the LCD screens which are named as ‘Alphanumeric LCD Displays’ where one can access a block of pixels, generally 7×5 and place only a single alphabet or a number in that block of 7×5. If you have already worked with some alphanumeric LCD screens earlier(without any libraries), you are half-way done. In case, you haven’t worked with one earlier, no probs. I’ll let you know every possible detail I know.
So, as said earlier, the above image shows the arrangement of pixels in 48 rows and 84 columns( or vice-versa). Just like how each block in a alphanumeric LCD screens is addressed by a unique 8-bit code, every 8 pixels in the NOKIA 5110 LCD screen are assigned with a unique 8-bit address. So, let me explain about this 8 pixels grouping in the NOKIA 5110 LCD screen. Every 8 pixels vertically is grouped, as shown above and let’s call it a block(different from the alphanumeric LCD screen’s block). So, each block has a unique address to access it.
- Operating Voltage is 2.7V to 3.3V
- Current consumption is 6mA
- Consists of 48 rows and 84 columns (84×48) monochrome pixels
- Works using SPI interface
- Consists of Philips PCD8544 interface chip for easy interfacing
- Can be easily interfaced with Arduino
- Supports decent graphics of bitmap images
- Available in Green and Blue Backlight
- 84 X 84 dot matrix LCD, 4 lines
- You can use electricity conducting paste with PCB without connecting cable. Metal hooks on the module can repair module on PCB, which is easy to install and can replace them.
- LCD chip sequencer/controller was tied to LCD chip, volume is small LCD
- Low power supply, operating current in normal situation is lower than 200µA, and power-down mode.
Document for Download: Data:
- RST——— reset
- CE————chip selection
- DC———–data/commands choice
- DIN———–serial data line
- CLK————serial Clock Speed
- LIGHT——— backlight control terminal
- GND———–power negative
- Can be used to display alphanumeric characters and bitmap images
- Used in application where fancy graphics are required
- Requires only a maximum of 5 pins to operate hence I/O friendly
- Comes with a backlight and hence can be used even in darker environment
- Can be used to create retro games using microcontrollers
- Graphics are decent enough to create a basic UI
Your screen may or may not have a diode on the PCB. It does not affect performance and will vary depending on our shipment.
- 1 x Nokia 1.6″ Inch 5110 LCD Display Screen Module With Backlight PCD8544 For Arduino Raspberry Pi B+ B