Description: Line detector sensor QTR-5RC
QTR-5RC line detector sensor has 5 pairs of infrared transceiver LEDs, operating on the principle of light reflection (LEDs emit duty to emit infrared light, when encountering obstacles, this light will be reflected. and Led receiver is responsible for capturing that reflected light).
Led pairs are arranged in rows to halve energy consumption. The sensor outputs digital signals (levels 0 and 1) at the touch points, has high accuracy and is easy to program based on the manufacturer’s library. Very suitable for line detector applications.
- QTR-5RC has 5-channel infrared detector, different from the traditional sensor, not just simply give high/ low level or analog value according to reflecting strength
- Before using, it should be configured with corresponding pins as high level, then set pins as input mode, the start timer, caculate high level time until the level changes to low level
- Working voltage: 3.3V-5V
- Working current: <70mA
- Sensing distance: 7mm(max) 4mm (best)
- Dimension: 6.9*1.2cm
- Package weight: 3.9g
- Does not require an ADC converter.
- Sensitivity is improved compared to the sensor output analog signals.
- Can read signals from multiple sensors in parallel and can be used with most types of microcontrollers.
Steps to read the signal from the sensor:
- Turn on the infrared led (option 1-5).
- Set the I / O pin to Output and set the high (level 1) on it.
- Delay at least 10μs to increase the output voltage of the sensor.
- Set I / O pin to Input (with high impedance)
- Measure the voltage conversion time by waiting for the I / O pin to be low.
- Turn off infrared LED
- Fix the sensor under the robot at the front part, 3-5mm away from ground is better
- Do not use sensor at the strong light environment, which can produce interference signal
- Tracking detector reflects different intensity to different color, white is the most sensitive, black is the weakest
- Sensor has 5 channel input, before using it should be configured with corresponding pins as high level, then set pins as input mode, the start timer, caculate high level time until the level changes to low level.
- En can not be used at the normal situation, it can control infrared detector switch by digital pins, to reduce more consumpsion
- 1 x QTR-5RC Tracking Line Sensor Module