Description: MQ-4 Methane CNG Gas Sensor
This is a simple-to-use compressed natural gas (CNG) sensor, suitable for sensing natural gas (composed of mostly Methane [CH4]) concentrations in the air. The MQ-4 can detect natural gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm.
This sensor has a high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
This sensor comes in a package similar to our MQ-3 alcohol sensor, and can be used with the breakout board below.
- Good sensitivity to combustable gas in wide range
- High sensitivity to natural gas
- Long life and low cost
- Simple drive circuit
- Detection Gas: Natural Gas/Methane
- Concentration: 300-10000ppm
- Supply Voltage: <24V
- Heater Voltage: 5.0V ± 0.2V
- Load Resistance: Adjustable
- Heater Resistance: 31Ω ± 3Ω
- Heater Consumption: <900mW
- 1 x MQ-4 Methane CNG Gas Sensor