Description: Soil Moisture Sensor
Finally, your plants can speak to you! Just don’t be upset when it’s only to let you know when they need something.
With this module, you can tell when your plants need watering by how moist the soil is in your pot, garden, or yard. The two probes on the sensor act as variable resistors. Water is conductive, so the more water in the soil, the better the conductivity and the lower the resistance with a higher SIG out.
Use it in a home automated watering system, hook it up to IoT, or just use it to find out when your plant needs a little love. Installing this sensor and its PCB will have you on your way to growing a green thumb!
Instructions for Use:
Soil moisture module is most sensitive to the ambient humidity is generally used to detect the moisture content of the soil
Module to reach the threshold value is set in the soil moisture, DO port output high, when the the soil humidity exceeds a set threshold value, the module D0 output low
The digital output D0 can be connected directly with the microcontroller to detect high and low by the microcontroller to detect soil moisture The digital outputs DO shop relay module can directly drive the buzzer module, which can form a soil moisture alarm equipment Analog output AO and AD module connected through the AD converter, you can get more precise values of soil moisture
- Operating voltage: 3.3V~5V; Dual output mode,analog output more accurate; A fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- With power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green); Having LM393 comparator chip, stable
- Panel PCB Dimension: Approx.3cm x 1.5cm; Soil Probe Dimension: Approx. 6cm x 3cm; Cable Length: Approx.21cm
- Interface Description(4-wire); VCC: 3.3V-5V; GND: GND
- DO: digital output interface(0 and 1); AO: analog output interface
- 1. This is a simple water sensor can be used to detect soil moisture when the soil moisture deficit module outputs a high level, and vice versa output low. Use this sensor produced an automatic plant waterer device, so that the plants in your garden without people to manage.
- 2. Sensitivity adjustable the blue digital potentiometer adjustment (Figure)
- 3. Operating voltage 3.3V-5V
- 4. Module dual output mode, digital output, analog output more accurate.
- 5. With fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- 6. PCB size: 3cm * 1.6cm
- 7. Power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- 8. Comparator LM393 chip, stable
- Skillset: General Knowledge
- Number Of Batteries: 0 Batteries
- Minimum Age: 1 years
- Material: Epoxy
- Battery Operated: No
- Battery Type: No batteries
- Rechargeable: No
- Width: 20mm
- Height: 70mm
- Depth: 10mm
- Weight: 50g
Interface Description (4-wire):
- 1. VCC: .3 V-5V
2. GND: GND
3. DO: digital output interface (0 and 1)
4. AO: Analog Output Interface
- 1 x Soil Moisture Sensor – Hygrometer Module