TIP31C Transistor TIP31 Transistor TIP31C IC TIP31C MOSFET NPN Transistor 100V 3A 40W 3 Pin Leads TO-220 Transistor IC
TIP31C is a TO-220 packaged transistor designed for general purpose applications. It is available in four different types which can be differentiate with the last alphabet used after the transistor number. The numbers are TIP31, TIP31A, TIP31B and TIP31C. The main difference between these different part numbers are their voltages and the last alphabet is used to point out that. The TIP31C has the highest load voltage from all. The maximum load voltage the TIP31C can handle is 100V. Whereas the collector current same in all part numbers that is 3A on continuous usage and peak or pulse collector current is 5A. The transistor can be used for any general purpose switching and amplification purposes. When used as a switch it is capable of fast switching and can drive many loads at a time. Other than that it can also perform good as a audio amplifier and can also be used in audio amplifer stages.
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 3A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 100V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 100V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 40 Watt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 3 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 10 – 50
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -65 to +150 Centigrade
PNP Complementary of TIP31C is TIP32C
Replacement and Equivalent:
2SB595, 2SA77, 2N6134, 2SA1010, BD712, BD912, 2SB633, 2SB690, BDT42C, MJE34C, MJE42C, NSP42C, RCA1C06
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
TIP31C transistor can perform well for many general purpose requirements. With the max collector current of 3A it can drive variety of loads in circuits like high power switches, relays, transistors, ICs, different parts of circuit etc. Additionally the max collector-emitter voltage of 100V makes it ideal to use in high voltage circuits.
Moreover with the max collector dissipation of 40 watt it can also be used as an audio amplifier and also perfom good in audio amplifier stages. This transistor can be used / wired same as any other BJT transistor.
- Audio Amplifier and Audio Amplifier Stages
- Power Supply Circuit Designs
- Motor Driver Applications
- Battery Charger Circuits Designs
- Switching Loads under 3A or 3000mA
- Darlington Pair
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
To safely run TIP31C transistor for years it is recomended to always stay 20% below the maximum ratings. Using components on their maximum ratings may shorten their life span. Always use suitable base resistor to provide required base current to the transistor. Do not drive load more than 100V and 3A, do not drive more than 5A load in peak or pulse mode. And always store and operate the transiator in temperature above -65 centigrade and below +150 centigrade.
- 1 x TIP31C TIP31 TIP 31 Transistor 100V 3A 40W NPN Transistor Bipolar BJT Silicon Power Transistor TO-220 Package 3 Pin
There are no reviews yet.