Descriptions: TP4056 5V 1A Micro USB Without Current Protection Charger Circuit Module Li-Ion Lithium Lipo 18650 AA AA Battery Charging Board
This is not meant for charging a battery from a USB Port from a computer. A USB Port will only source 500mA max. If you want to use this to charge from a USB port you would have to replace the resistor which is explained below. Even then, we have not done tests to know if this will make using a USB computer port an option with this board.
An ampere meter can only be connected to 5v input end of the module. When charging it is better that the charging current is 37% of the battery capacity. So if you charge to the battery of 1000mAH, current of 400 is enough. Make sure you use a proper gauge wire for the current being used. Too thin and it will burn, too thick and the circuit may not act correctly. Make sure the connection at the contract points are good. If the input voltage is too high, like 5.2v, the current will be less than 1000mA, it is a normal protection function. NO Reverse polarity, connecting the battery the wrong way will fry the chip.
The current can be altered (lowered) by changing the resistor connected to pin 2 of the IC (at the bottom middle of the board in relation to the direction of the text). In the configuration the module ships with the current is 1A. Changing out the surface mount resistor with a higher resistance will lower the current. The chart below will give you estimates of some resistor to current values:
5V Lithium Battery Charging TP4056 Board 5 Volt Micro USB 1A Charger Module.
- Charge module: Linear charging.
- Current: 1A (Adjustable)
- Charge precision: 1.5%
- Input voltage: 4.5V-5.5V
- Full charge voltage: 4.2V
- LEDs: red – charging | green – charged.
- Input interface: mini USB and Solder plates
- Work temperature: -10ºC to 85ºC
- Inversed polarity: NO
- Small Size: 27×19 x5mm.
- Red: Charging
- Green: Fully Charged
- Output charging current can be controlled or adjusted from a single resistor
- General Micro USB Female Connector
- Battery Charging Indication LED
- Battery full Charged Indication LED
- Battery auto cutoff from the charging circuit when fully charged
- Soft Start Charging
- It can charge any size of 3.7V Li-ion cell
- Low cost and reliable Li-ion battery charger
- Battery temperature measurement inside (Disconnect charging when temperature of the battery goes high than normal)
- Can connected to any USB port with a USB cable
Using the module:
- Connect Micro USB cable for power, or 5V DC to pads marked IN+ and IN- on the left-hand side of the module
- Connect cell to charge to B+/B- pads on the right-hand side of the module.
- A load (something for the battery to power) can be connected to the OUT+/OUT- pads on the right-hand side
- Important! Disconnect load when charging
- The red LED indicates charging in progress, a green LED indicates charging has finished.
- Never charge your battery at a rate greater than 1C.
- 1. Ampere meter can only be connected to a 5v input end of the module.
- 2. It is better than the charging current is 37% of the battery capacity. If you charge the battery of 1000mAh, a current of 400mAh is enough.
- 3. The connection wire should not be too thick.
- 4. Make sure the connect point is good.
- 5. If the input voltage is too high, like 5.2v, the current will be less than 1000mA, it is normal. It is protection function, auto-subtract the charging current to avoid burn damage to the chip.
- 6. NO Reverse polarity.
- Solar Chargers
- Digital Cameras
- Portable Home Appliances
- Power Banks
- Cell Phones & Tablets
Package Includes :
- 1 x TP4056 5V 1A Micro USB Without Current Protection Charger Circuit