Description: Ublox NEO-6M GPS Module With EEPROM For MWC Aero Quad With Antenna For Flight Control GY-NEO6MV2
The UBlox Neo 6M is a 50 channel GPS receiver, supporting regional WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS SBAS correction services.
It can provide up to 2 meter accuracy, with tracking receive strengths as low as -162 dBm, and update rates as high at 5 per second (5Hz).
However, where this GPS really shines is its high altitude capability. UBlox modules interpret the COCOM limits as AND instead of OR. While traditional GPS receivers will cut out at a certain altitude OR a certain speed, UBlox Neo 6M modules require both to be true, vastly increasing its altitude capability.
This is extremely important for high altitude balloon flights (HAB).
You can utilize the UBlox Neo 6M with our HamShield to provide APRS positions of your balloon, or our new HamShield: LoRa Edition module for even longer range balloon positioning.
So how high can UBlox Neo 6M go? Up to 160,000 ft (50,000 meters), assuming you enable dynamic platform model 6, 7, or 8 on startup. See page 119 of the datasheet for details on how to configure this. We are also working on a tutorial on how to configure this within your sketch.
- Standalone GPS receiver
- Anti-jamming technology
- UART Interface at the output pins (Can use SPI ,I2C and USB by soldering pins to the chip core)
- Under 1 second time-to-first-fix for hot and aided starts
- Receiver type: 50 Channels – GPS L1 frequency – SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Time-To-First-fix: For Cold Start 32s, For Warm Start 23s, For Hot Start <1s
- Maximum navigation update rate: 5Hz
- Default baud rate: 9600bps
- EEPROM with battery backup
- Sensitivity: -160dBm
- Supply voltage: 3.6V
- Maximum DC current at any output: 10mA
- Operation limits: Gravity-4g, Altitude-50000m, Velocity-500m/s
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC TO 85°C
- Module with ceramic destined antenna, super signal
- EEPROM power down to save the configuration parameters data
- LED signal indicator
- The default baud rate: 9600
- Mounting Hole 3mm
- Module size 23mm * 30mm
- Antenna size 12 * 12mm
- The Ublox gps module has serial TTL output, it has four pins: TX, RX, VCC and GND. You can download the u-center software for configuring the gps and changing the settings and much more. It is really good software (see link below).
- 1 X Ublox NEO-6M GPS Module With EEPROM For MWC Aero Quad With Antenna For Flight Control GY-NEO6MV2