Description: ULN2003 Motor Driver IC ULN 2003 DC 5V 16 Pin Motor Driver IC
ULN2003 ULN-2003 Motor Driver IC DC 5V 16 Pin Leads Motor Driver IC DIP-16 Dual In Line Package
ULN2003 IC is one of the most commonly used Motor driver IC generally used when we need to drive high current loads using digital logic circuits like Op-maps, Timers, Gates, Arduino, PIC, ARM etc. For example a motor that requires 9V and 300mA to run cannot be powered by an Arduino I/O hence we use this IC to source enough current and voltage for the load.
- Contains 7 high-voltage and high current Darlington pairs
- Each pair is rated for 50V and 500mA
- Input pins can be triggered by +5V
- All seven Output pins can be connected to gather to drive loads up to (7×500mA) ~3.5A.
- Can be directly controlled by logic devices like Digital Gates, Arduino, PIC etc
- Available in 16-pin DIP, TSSOP, SOIC packages
ULN2003 Equivalent ICs
TPIC2701, ULN2001, ULN2002, ULN2004, L293D, Motor Driver Shield
How To Use A ULN2003 IC
The ULN2003 is a 16-pin IC. It has seven Darlington Pairs inside, where each can drive loads up to 50V and 500mA. For these seven Darlington Pairs we have seven Input and Output Pins. Adding to that we can a ground and Common pin. The ground pin, as usual is grounded and the usage of Common pin is optional. It might be surprising to note that this IC does not have any Vcc (power) pin; this is because the power required for the transistors to work will be drawn from the input pin itself. The below circuit is a simple circuit that can be used to test the working of ULN2003 IC.
- 1 x ULN2003 Motor Driver IC ULN 2003 DC 5V 16 Pin Motor Driver IC