Description: Water Turbidity Sensor For Arduino
Water Turbidity Sensor For Arduino Measuring Turbidity Of Water To Determine Water Quality Analog Water Turbidity Sensor Liquid Suspended Particles Detection Module
This Turbidity Sensor Module detects water quality by measuring level of turbidity. It is able to detect suspended particles in water by measuring the light transmittance and scattering rate which changes relative to the amount of total suspended solids (TSS) in the water. As the TTS increases, the liquid turbidity level increases.
This Arduino turbidity sensor have both analog and digital signal output modes. You can select the mode according to the MCU as threshold is adjustable in digital signal mode.
This sensors can be used in measurement of water quality in rivers and streams, wastewater and effluent measurements, sediment transport research and laboratory measurements.
Theory of Operation
The sensor operates on the principle that when the light is passed through a sample of water, the amount of light transmitted through the sample is dependent on the amount of soil in the water. As the soil level increases, the amount of transmitted light decreases. The turbidity sensor measures the amount of transmitted light to determine the turbidity of the wash water. These turbidity measurements are sent to the dishwasher controller, which makes decisions on how long to wash in all the cycles.
These decisions are made on the basis of a comparison between clean water measurements (taken at the beginning of the wash cycle) and the wash water turbidity measurement taken at the end of each wash cycle. By measuring the turbidity of the wash water, the dishwasher can conserve energy on lightly soiled loads by only washing as long as necessary. This will result in energy savings for the consumer.
- The Arduino Turbidity Sensor is an electronic monitoring module specially developed to work with microcontroller platforms Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC, ARM, AVR, among others.
- Very efficient, the Arduino Turbidity Sensor is able to detect and verify the quality of the water, making the turbidity measurement, where it is possible to verify the results by means of digital or analog signal next to the corresponding pins in the accompanying electronic module.
- The Arduino Turbidity Sensor emits at its end an infrared light, imperceptible to human vision, capable of detecting particles that are suspended in water, measuring the light transmittance and the dispersion rate, which changes according to the Amount of TSS (Total Suspended Solids), increasing the turbidity of the liquid whenever levels increase.
- In general, the Arduino Turbidity Sensor is applied in projects involving the monitoring of water turbidity in rivers, streams, lakes, water bodies, catchment and research sites, laboratories, tanks with liquids and so on.
- The Arduino Turbidity Sensor has an end specially prepared for direct contact, having an electronic module to amplify and send the received data to the microcontroller of the project
- Turbidity sensor uses optics principles to synthetically estimate turbidity through the liquid light transmittance rate and scattering rate.
- Since the amount of haze value is gradual, it is usually detected in a dynamic environment.
- The turbidity value that turbidity sensor collects need connecting external control for AD conversion to get a corresponding environment turbidity situation, so that the sensor need a peripheral circuit to detect in a system.
- With waterproof probe, mainly used in washing machines, dishwashers and other equipment for turbidity testing.
- It can also be used on electronic design, graduate design, electronic competition experiments and other applications.
- Operating Voltage: 5V DC
- Operating Current: 40mA (MAX)
- Response Time: <500ms
- Insulation Resistance: 100M (Min)
- Output Method: Analog
- Analog output: 0-4.5V
- Digital Output: High/Low level signal (you can adjust the threshold value by adjusting the potentiometer)
- Operating Temperature: -30 ~80
- Storage Temperature: -10 ~ 80
- Weight: 30g
- Adapter Dimensions: 38mm*28mm*10mm/1.5inches *1.1inches*0.4inches
- Washing machines, dishwashers, industrial control, environmental sewage collection and so on turbidity measurement and control needs of the occasion ;
- Stay after purchase mailboxes sensor manual, as well as provide technical guidance services, does not provide product development and programming services.
- Turbidity sensor adapter x1
- Turbidity sensor probe x1
- Turbidity sensor cable x1
- Gravity analog sensor cable x1