Description: ZIF Socket 14 Pins
- These Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) sockets clamp onto a chip, making a good electrical connection, when you push the lever down. When you release the lever, it releases the chip. This allows you to repeatedly insert or remove a chip from the socket without damage to either.
- These are great for two situations: When you want to replace the chip that goes in a given place frequently, or when you want to program one chip after another in the same fixture. (For example, we use them to program the chips in our open-source kits!)
- These 14-pin ZIF sockets (0.3″ wide) are perfect for programming microcontrollers in DIP packages with up to 14 pins, including 8-pin, 16-pin, 18-pin devices. There’s even a little bar to indicate where to put a DIP-8, if you want to use one. They’re great for programming the ATtiny2313 chips.
- When using ZIF sockets, keep in mind that the pins are a bit wider than regular IC pins– they fit in most pad-per-hole type prototyping boards, but may not fit in a chip socket or circuit board that was meant to hold a chip alone.
- High quality and durable
- Nickel-Tin Plated Contacts
- Easy to Remove and Program IC’s
- Suitable for All IC Sizes Up To 20 pin
- Package: DIP14
- Pitch: 2.54mm
- Fits up to 14-pin DIP chips, in 0.3″ width
- Overall body size: Standard
- Pins are 0.3″ apart (fit into a 0.3″ socket) and 3.6mm (0.15″) long
- 1 x ZIF Socket 14 Pins