Description: Peltier TEC1 12715 12V 230W 15A Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier Cooling Refrigeration Module
The TEC1-12715 40x40mm Thermoelectric Cooler 15A Peltier Module is the simple application of Peltier Thermoelectric Effect. The module features 127 semiconductor couples in the area of 40mmx40mm.
Thermoelectric coolers also are known as TEC or Peltier Module create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
This Peltier works very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or other device), the Peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing. We recommend using an old computer CPU heatsink or another block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
Also Known as Thermoelectric cooling modules, Thermoelectric modules, Peltier modules, Thermoelectric cooling module.
- Model number: TEC1-12715
- Operating Voltage: 12V
- Maximum Voltage- Umax : 15V
- Maximum Current- Imax : 15A
- Maximum Power : 230W
- Operates Temperature: -30C to 70C
- Maximum Temperature: 138°C
- Power Cord: 25cm.
- Size: 40x40x3.75mm
- Weight: 40gm
- Small module.
- Easy transition between the hot side to the cool side and vice-versa just by reversing the polarity of the supply.
- Quality tested cooling cells.
- Solid-state, vibration-free, noise-free.
- Simple to install and operate.
- Should use with a heat sink.
- Its work is characterized by side refrigeration and side fever.
- Hot and cold on both sides of the temperature difference of 68 degrees
- No moving part, no noise
- Compact Structure, small in size, light in weight
- ROHS Compliant
- Exceptionally reliable in quality, high performance
- Max. Operating Temperature: 138 Degree C
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating a module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (sealing) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours
- Failure rate based on longtime testing: 0.2%.
- Connected to the 12-volt power supply cooling piece on both sides there will be difference in temperature, side cold side of the heat, do not long power cooler radiator, otherwise it will cause cooler internal overheating and burning..
How to Use:
- Prepare five things, Thermoelectric Cooler + heatsink + Grease + potholder + power.
- Coated with silicone grease on both sides of the thermoelectric cooler.
- Place the thermoelectric cooler on a heat sink with a potholder in the middle.
- Tighten the screws. Powered, and it starts cooling.
- 1 x Peltier TEC1 12715 12V 230W 15A Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier Cooling Refrigeration Module