Description: 1KG 1.75mm Black Colour PLA Filament For 3D Printers
PLA is a good choice for a printing material if you are looking for high accuracy and high resolution. It extrudes at lower temperatures, does not require a heated base, and has a very low shrinkage rate (0.3%). PLA is harder than ABS, but is therefore also a bit more brittle.
This 1 kg spool features a thickness of 1.75mm ±0.10mm, with a roundness variation of only 0.03mm. It has a nominal processing temperature of 210° C (410°F). Thickness and roundness factors are laser measured at the factory to ensure accuracy over the entire length of the filament.
The negatives of using PLA is that it is vulnerable to degradation from moisture, sunlight, and heat. Additionally, it is more prone to overheating during processing, which can cause dripping and drooping if it gets too hot.
- PLA is a more earth-friendly plastic. It is stronger and more rigid than ABS, and in general, the printed objects will have a more glossy look and feel compared to ABS.
- As a material, PLA has much less warping versus ABS. Unlike ABS, PLA can be sanded and machined. And PLA has a lower melting temperature. Additionally, a heated bed is not required to print it.
- PLA generally enjoys sharper details and corners compared to ABS without the risk of cracking or warping. PLA can also be printed at higher throughput speeds.
- It is compatible with different brands of 3D printers(such as Makerbot, Mendel, RepRap, UP, Prusa, Huxley, BFB3000, uPrint, Cubify, printrbot, Sumpod)
- PLA Filament tends to be translucent and shiny.
- PLA filament is easier to use but not as stable and will dissolve if wet.
- We recommend PLA for beginners as its more forgiving and easier to work with as it cools & sets faster-reducing warpage.
- This is industrial material manufactured for professional use only and very suit for 3D printer user.
- A properly sized roller and calibrated hotend is required for good performance.Printer jams are always due to improper sized rollers and / or liners.
- Filament Material :PLA
- Diameter: 1.75 ± 0.1mm
- Print temperature range: 180°C to 200°C
- Color: Black Color
- Weight: 1KG/Roll
- Each spool is sold by weight, not length, in 1KG spools.
- Diameter tolerance will vary according to the density of the material
- The melting point will vary due to the density of the material
- The feed rate and the size of the hot end used will also affect the melting point
- 1 x 1.75mm PLA 3D printer filament