Description: Transistor BC557B BC557 BC-557 45V 100mA PNP General Purpose Transistors
Transistor BC557B BC557 BC-557 45V 100mA PNP General Purpose Transistors BC 557 PNP 3 Pin TO-92 Package Bipolar Low Power Transistor
BC557 is a widely used PNP bipolar junction transistor manufactured in small TO-92 package. It is a general purpose PNP transistor that can be used as a switch or amplifier in electronic circuits. Its HFE ratings are 125 to 800 which makes it an ideal transistor to use as a small signal amplifier in electronic circuits for example for audio signal amplification or other, the HFE ratings of BC557 can be determined by the last letter after its number for example BC557A HFE ratings are 110-220, BC557B HFE ratings are 200-450 and BC557C HFE ratings are 420-800. The max collector dissipation is 500 milliwatt which is also an another good point to use it in amplification stages. Moreover it will also perform well when used it as a switch for load under 100mA. The transistor has also good collector to emitter (VCE) value that is -45V, therefore you can easily use it in circuits using 40 to 45 volts DC.
Beside these uses BC557 is also a good general purpose PNP transistor to use in your hobby electronics projects therefore it is a must to have transistor in your electronics LAB.
- PNP BC557 General purpose transistors.
- Especially suited for use in driver stages of audio amplifiers Low noise input stages of tape recorders, HI-FI amplifiers.
- Signal processing circuits of television receivers
- 250°C/W Junction to Ambient Thermal Resistance
- The products have been professionally tested, the data output is stable, and the quality is superior.
- Bi-Polar PNP Transistor
- DC Current Gain (hFE) is 300 maximum
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 100mA
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 6V
- Base Current(IB) is 5mA maximum
- Available in To-92 Package
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Max Collector Current(IC): -100mA
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): -45V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): -50V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VBE): -5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 500 Milliwatt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 100 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 125 to 800
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should be: -65 to +150Centigrade
NPN Complementary of BC557 is BC547
Replacement and Equivalent:
Alternative transistors for BC557 are 2N3906, 2N4403, BC556, BC327 output pins of some equivalents are different please see pinout details of the equivalent transistor before replacing in the circuit.
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
As mentioned above BC557 is a general purpose transistor therefore it can be used wide variety of general purpose applications for example it can be used as an audio amplifier in small radios, electronic buzzers, electronic bells and other sound circuits that require small amplification. Due to the good gain of this transistor can also be used in audio preamplifier stages. Beside these uses this transistor can also perform as a switch in electronic applications for 100mA load, it can be used to switch any part of an electronic circuit, other high-power transistors, LEDs, relays etc.
- Small signal audio amplifier
- Driving Loads under 0.1mA or 100mA
- Any general purpose application that comes under its ratings.
- Driver Modules like Relay Driver, LED driver etc..
- Amplifier modules like Audio amplifiers, signal Amplifier etc..
- Darlington pair
- 1 x Transistor BC547B BC547 BC-547 45V 100mA NPN General Purpose Transistors BC 547 NPN 3 Pin TO-92 Package Bipolar Low Power Transistor