Description: MJE13007 NPN High Voltage Transistor
MJE13007 E13007 13007 NPN Transistor 400V 8A 80W Electronic Power Transistor NPN Switches Mode Voltage Triode Transistor TO-220 3Pin Leads
The 13007 transistor or also called MJE13007 is a TO-220 package high voltage BJT transistor. This transistor is mainly designed for high voltage and high speed applications but it can also be used for amplification purposes.
The transistor is capable to drive a load of upto 400V with the max load current of upto 8A. Other than that this transistor can also be used as an amplifier. The maximum collection dissipation of 80 watt also makes it ideal to use in many audio amplifier applications.
- MJE13007 is an NPN bipolar junction transistor mainly used for high voltage high-speed switching applications.
- Three layers are used for the construction of this device. One is a p-doped layer that stands between two n-doped layers.
- MJE13007 includes three terminals named base, collector, and emitter. The small input current at the base side is used to generate a large output current across the emitter and collector terminals.
- The emitter-base voltage is 9V which means this device requires 9V to initiate the transistor action.
- Bipolar junction transistors come in two types i.e. NPN transistors and PNP transistors. This device MJE13007 falls under the category of NPN transistors where electrons are the major carriers while in the case of PNP transistors holes are the major carriers.
- It is important to note that in bipolar junction transistors both electrons and holes are involved in the conductivity inside the transistors but holes are majority carriers in PNP transistors while electrons are major carriers in NPN transistors.
- The mobility of holes is less efficient than the mobility of electrons, making NPN transistors a better choice for the range of applications.
- Moreover, the current flows from emitter to collector in PNP transistors while it flows from collector to emitter in NPN transistors.
- Transistors are mainly divided into two main types’ i.e. bipolar junction transistors and MOSFETs. The bipolar junction transistor are the current-controlled device while MOSFETs are the voltage-controlled devices that include terminals known as a drain, source, and gate.
Characteristics of MJE13007 Transistor
- Type – NPN
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 400 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 700 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 9 V
- Collector Current: 8 A
- Collector Dissipation – 80 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 8 to 60
- Transition Frequency – 4 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -65 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-220
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 8A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 400V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 700V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 9V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 80 Watt
- Max Transition Frequency (fT): 4 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 8– 60
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -65 to +150 Centigrade
MJE13007 Key Features
- VCEO(sus) 400 V
- Reverse Bias SOA with Inductive Loads @ TC = 100°C
- 700 V Blocking Capability
- Type Designator: MJE13007
- Material of Transistor: Si
- Polarity: NPN
13007 Replacement and Equivalent:
ST13007, BUJ105A, BUJ105AX, 2SC2335, 2SC2553, MJE13006, MJE15020, KSE13007, TE13007, KSE13006.
- Switching Regulators
- Motor Control
Where We Can Use it & How to Use:
You can use MJE13007 transistor in many applications such as in high voltage related applications, inverters, power supplies, motor controllers, UPS, battery charging applications etc.
On the other hand this transistor can also be used as an audio amplifier in many audio amplifier applications such as in high power audio amplifiers.
- High Voltage Fast Switching Applications
- Uninterrupted Power Supplies
- Power Supplies
- Inverter Circuits
- Battery Charger and Management Applications
- Motor Controllers
- Audio Amplifier & Audio Amplifier Stages
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
To get long term performance with MJE13007 it is suggested to always use it 20% below from its maximum ratings. The maximum collector current of the transistor is 8A therefore do not drive load of more than 6.4A. The max voltage this transistor can supply from its collector to emitter is 400V therefore do not drive load of more than 300V to 320V. It dissipates heat during operation therefore a suitable heatsink is must and always operate and store it in temperature above -65 centigrade and below +150 centigrade.
- 1 x MJE13007 NPN High Voltage Transistor