Description: HX711 Load Cell Sensor Module
The Load Cell Amplifier is a small breakout board for the HX711 IC that allows you to easily read load cells to measure weight. By connecting the amplifier to your microcontroller you will be able to read the changes in the resistance of the load cell, and with some calibration you’ll be able to get very accurate weight measurements. This can be handy for creating your own industrial scale, process control or simple presence detection.
This version of the Load Cell Amplifier features a few changes that you specifically asked for! We have separated the analog and digital supply, as well as added a 3.3uH induct or and a 0.1uF filter capacitor for digital supply. It has all the features of the HX711 but with additional library support, a true I2C interface, and no soldering required!
The HX711 uses a two-wire interface (Clock and Data) for communication. Any micro controller’s GPIO pins should work, and numerous libraries have been written, making it easy to read data from the HX711. Check the hookup guide below for more information.
Load cells use a four-wire Wheatstone bridge configuration to connect to the HX711. These are commonly colored RED, BLK, WHT, GRN and YLW. Each color corresponds to the conventional color coding of load cells:
- Red (Excitation+ or VCC)
- Black (Excitation- or GND)
- White (Amplifier+, Signal+ or Output+)
- Green (A-, S- or O-)
- Yellow (Shield)
The YLW pin acts as an optional input that is not hooked up to the strain gauge but is utilized to ground and shield against outside EMI (electromagnetic interference). Please keep in mind that some load cells might have slight variations in color coding.
- 1kg straight bar load cell with HX711 amplifier module
- Use to measure weight
- Force variation output: Voltage signal
- Operating voltage range: 2.6 to 5.5V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to + 85 ℃
- Power consumption (including power supply circuit): Typical operating current: <1.7mA, shutdown current: <1μA
- HX711 output data rate: 10Hz or 80Hz optional
- Load cell size: 12.7 x 12.7 x 75mm
- Load cell bar comes with 2 x M4 + 2 x M5 screw hole for mounting
- The module uses 24-bit A/D converter chip HX711
- For high-precision electronic scale and design
- The module has two analog channel inputs, programmable gain of 128 integrated amplifier.
- The input circuit can be configured to provide an electrical bridge bridge voltage (e.g., pressure, load) Sensor Mode.
- All are controlled by input pins, the chip registers without programming that simple digital control and serial communication.
- Uses Two Wire communication (Clock and Data)
- Arduino compatible
- Special thanks to Bodge for supplying the Library for the HX711!
- Widely used in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, chemical, construction, medicine and many other fields, used to measure force, pressure, displacement, strain, torque, acceleration.
- 1 x Load Cell Amplifier HX711 HX-711 Weighing Transducer Sensor 24 Bit AD Module With Header Pin Pressure Sensor 1KG 5KG 10KG 20KG Dual-Channel Weight Measurement Sensor
There are no reviews yet.