SIM800L Module is a small GSM/GPRS Module and ideal for small ideal projects. The module supports quad-band GSM/GPRS network, available for SMS and GPRS message data remote transmission. The SIM800L communicates with the microcontroller via UART port, supports command including 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands. Besides, the board also supports A-GPS technique which is called mobile positioning and gets the position by mobile network. This feature makes it can also be a tracker module.
The SIM800L can work up to 2Amps current at peak. It also has a low power consumption feature that consumes 1mA Current in sleep mode. You need to power the module from 3.7V to 4.2V as per the datasheet. More than that will damage the module. You can use a buck converter to achieve this voltage range.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM (in the USA, T- Mobile is suggested).
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 8 speaker and electret microphone.
- Send and receive SMS messages.
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.) .
- Scan and receive FM radio broadcasts.
- Lead out buzzer and vibrational motor control port.
- AT command interface with “auto baud” detection.
- Chip: SIM800L
- Voltage: 3.7-4.2V
- Support networks: China Mobile, China Unicom and global quad-band network
- Module size: 2.5cmx2.3cm
- TTL serial port for serial port, you can link directly to the microcontroller. No need MAX232
- Power module automatically boot, homing network
- Onboard signal lights all the way . It flashes slowly when there is a signal, it flashes quickly when there is no signal
Pinout (bottom side – left):
- RING (not marked on PBC, first from top, square) – LOW state while receiving call
- DTR – sleep mode. Default in HIGH state (module in sleep mode, serial communication disabled). After setting it in LOW the module will wake up.
- MICP, MICN – microphone (P + / N -)
- SPKP, SPKN – speaker (P + / N -)
Pinout (bottom side – right):
- NET – antenna
- VCC – supply voltage
- RESET – reset
- RXD – serial communication
- TXD – serial communication
- GND – ground
Package Includes :
- 1 x Small SIM800L GPRS GSM Module.
- 1 x PCB Antenna.
- ১ x Header